Year 5 Homework to be handed in on Thursday November 7th

Reading

So many children have made a fantastic start to their reading sessions this half term. I have set them all new targets. Because they have read a lot over the holidays they have begun to romp up our reading target board! Keep it up every one.

Maths

We have complete the negative number unit on IXL so why not have a go on this mission game. It is not tablet friendly so you will need a computer. If you need to complete it in school just ask!

English

This week the children created extended noun phrases. These are descriptive sentences that fully describe the noun. The are fun to make. I have downloaded my PowerPoint for the children. I would like them to be the teacher and one of their parents (or sibling) to be the pupil. Please teach.

Once you have taught it write extended noun phrases for the following nouns:

Pumpkin

Candy

Lantern

Ghost

Topic work- Purple Mash

We are moving onto our new Geography topic North America. We will be investigating the countries tat make up North America over the next few weeks. Before we move across the Atlantic. Can you complete the two purple mash map work challenges I have set you? You will need an atlas our online map of Europe!

Nessy homework

The children involved in the Nessy program, are able to continue working through the tasks at home. Please see the letter they received it has all the information you need for logging on. The children have been assessed and had an independent session too in school. Three fifteen minute sessions would be great but you can do more - it’s up to you!

Have fun

Have fun