Year 5 homework to be handed in on Thursday December 5th

Reading

The children have completed their Star Reader test and I am conferencing them one to one on their next targets this Friday. As always those children who have put in the extra mile have done really well. Reading is a gift please continue to create space for the children to read at home every day. Thank you.

Maths

Final mental maths for the moment. Please complete the table of mental maths sums- think carefully about the strategies you are using!

Now complete IXL B4 the commutative law!

Science - Purple Mash

We went through our replies to Sir Isaac Newton and discovered there was a big difference in the quality of response. I would ask that all the children work hard to make sure their homework is well thought out and carefully completed. Sir Isaac replied but most children did not notice- if I have reset your please reply to him again!

I have also set you a describing forces challenge- use the descriptors on the left to help you remember to use the vocabulary we have used in our science lessons: Push pull, forces, energy, weight, friction , sliding friction, rolling friction fluid friction, air resistance and water resistance. We will be printing out the best work for display!!!

Concert practice