"I sustain myself with the love of family" Maya Angelou

Even though I have not been physically in class this week I have felt very much part of this special family - Year 5. I was able to teach on Monday and Tuesday live, but the glitching of the teams app did make listening a challenge. Instead I turned to our trusted video app and I appeared on screen along side my prepped teaching boards. The children have been wonderful and so have Mrs Edmondson and Mr Bennett. It has been a successful transition.

The children have almost finished watching Hamlet- they LOVED it. Lorna-Jane commented on the acting “ so real”. The children then completed some creative writing in English alongside Mrs Harrison and a virtual Mrs H - I’m very excited about marking this work! We have become careful ruler users when interpreting line graphs in maths and we know a number of significant natural features of North America. We took part in music and art -as always. Lessons that we love and in which we are able to express ourselves. Sadly our cricket was a wash out this morning but we will “return once the covers are off”.

I joined the children for a live class council session on Friday morning and it was so lovely to hear them discussing issues and listening carefully to one another. We prayed (as we always do) before we started, and I could sense the compassion and understanding in the room.

Thank you children for working so hard for your new teachers and your virtual one!!

Grow your Brain Certificates went to: Fin and Aya - well done!!!