Time for a rest!

It’s hard to believe that we have been at nursery for seven weeks! Half term starts today and we return on Monday 31st October, hopefully bright eyed and busy tailed. The second half of the Autumn Term is even busier as we have Bonfire Night, Remembrance Day and of course Christmas. Nursery along with Reception are already thinking about our Nativity! Watch this space for more information.

As I say every week we have not stopped. Our number work is coming along leaps and bounds, we have even started to make number bonds to 3! We have been:

• comparing numbers 1, 2 and 3 - ‘bigger’ and ‘smaller’

• Ordering numbers to 3

• Understanding that 3 is made of 2 and 1 or three 1s

• Recognising the numerals in the environment

After the half term break we will be starting ‘Read Write Inc’. We will focus on five sounds every couple of weeks. The children love learning sounds. I will be posting on the blog a sound mat and activities so you can join in the fun at home!

We have been discussing at length about oral health and food that out teeth don’t like. I have noticed that everyone is questioning everything that we eat! Sorry.

Harvest

On Monday the children joined Reception for a short Harvest Festival.

We gave thanks to Our Lord for all our food and our lovely world but we also remembered those children who may be hungry and need our help. We then danced around the hall, performing our Harvest samba. Here is the Harvest Festival song if you would like to have a dance at home. Click here .

After all the fun of our dancing we got down to some serious business and helped to pack all the generous donations for the food bank. Click here if you would like to know more about the food bank in St Annes.

Colette’s Blog

Hello everyone! Just because it was a short week didn’t mean it was a quiet one….oh no! The children and Nursery Ladies have definitely not been resting! Sadly, we have had a few bouts of illness in Nursery but I hope that the half term holiday allows everyone to rest and recharge those tired batteries!

On Monday Nursery and Reception shared their own Harvest Festival celebration in the hall. We thanked God for all the wonderful things that grow on our planet earth and we even had time to dance our favourite ‘Harvest Samba!’ Thank you to all of you that donated the tins of soup!!

As always, there have been lots of building, puzzles singing and number fun. We have been continuing to look at number 3 and all the ways we can make a three… 2 plus 1 more or 3 and zero!

In our hall time we tried out some new songs, the floating song using some different coloured ribbons and the bean bag song where we had to follow the instructions and try not to drop the bean bag!!! Click here to have a go yourself!

We have finally arrived at our half term holiday. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your support and I hope you all enjoy a lovely half term together.

Kind regards

Colette

Michelle’s Blog

A shorter week than normal but that doesn’t mean we have been any less busy than normal. I think we have packed more learning into our week!

We continue to learn about healthy food and how to make sure we make healthy choices with our food to care for our teeth and the importance of exercise by taking our PE lessons outside and having lots of running races on the school field, including a running backwards race. This was tricky but lots of fun!  We then could feel our hearts beating fast in our chests, this means we are getting lots of exercise to keep our hearts healthy. Hopefully you can all get outside during half term, here are some ideas for you to try. Click here.

We have all had a fantastic start to our nursery year, and I can’t believe it is half term all ready. I have been amazed at how well the children have settled in and taken to all the routines. The children are all working so hard on their independence skills, especially putting their coats on. Next half term I will be making sure we are getting lots of practise using scissors, I hope you all enjoyed the cutting and sticking homework I sent home. Click here for some more scissor skills activities, which are really good for developing hand muscles needed for holding a pencil and writing. Click here.

Finally, I hope you all have a wonderful half term and I will see you soon.

Steph’s Blog

Hello everyone!

What a lovely last week of term we have had. We have enjoyed role play this week, making food and drink in the house and the sand area outside. We’ve also looked after the dolls making sure they were warm enough to go outside and we even went on an aeroplane! We all lined up on the bridge and our pilot flew us to a lovely hot destination! Of course we needed snacks and drinks too – we’ve had lovely discussions about family and favourite things. It’s been so nice listening to the children having conversations with each other and continuing to develop their friendships.

We have continued to practise numbers 1, 2 and 3 – we found things in the garden and tried to match them up to the correct number. The children have developed their mathematical language without even realising – ‘I need one more!’, ‘Now I have 3! You have 2 and I have 3!’. Barbara also tried to trick us by hiding numbers and slowly revealing them but she can’t trick us! We are great at recognising 1, 2 and 3 now!

On Monday we had our first assembly in the hall with Reception. The children loved it, especially doing the Harvest Samba around the hall. We gathered all our tins of soup for the people that have hungry tummies, thank you for all your generous donations.

The children have continued to love the ‘Where’s the Monkey?’ video and have been singing the song themselves and hiding our monkey – look out for the photos of it on our heads! One of our friends even brought in his guitar from home and we sang the song together on the stage outside. I went outside this morning and found the monkey in one of our tubes! Here is the video again if you would like to watch it over half term and hide things around your house! Click here

I hope you all have a lovely week off together – get lots of rest and have lots of fun!

See you soon

Steph

Just in case you are at a loose end next week click on the buttons below for a couple of ideas! Enjoy! It would be lovely if you could send us some pictures of your adventures to share during circle time!

When we return after the holiday I will be posting the events for the half term….keep a look out so that you don’t miss anything!

I hope you all manage to have some family time and a chance to make memories that will last forever. Keep safe and well. I will see you on the 31st!

God Bless

Barbara